Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Kayak Fishing Accessories / Re: The new Plano Soft Crate
« Last post by Christopher on February 19, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
I believe the colour difference in the seals are simply to indicate the model. For me going to a waterproof case is to potect my investments. Unsealed boxes have always disappointed f.or one reason or another so this season I'm testing these.
Cheers
Kayak Wars Canada / Re: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread
« Last post by EagleEyesFlash on February 19, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
Got a black T-Shirt, very happy !  :)
Kayak Fishing Accessories / Re: The new Plano Soft Crate
« Last post by EagleEyesFlash on February 19, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
Soft sometimes better than hard. What's the difference between blue and red seal stripes on Planos?
Figure any hook would rust if put in a wet environment and sealed up ? I religiously open my planos to air out after every trip and even wipe gun oil on hooks.. sharp hooks make a difference. Cheers Christopher ! Looking forward to a trophy pickerel posted by you. EEF  :)
Kayak Fishing Accessories / The new Plano Soft Crate
« Last post by Christopher on February 19, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »
I received my soft crate today and shot a quick vid of its features. Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYhpDP9grA
« Last post by Spyman48 on February 13, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
I like your shirt better. Already had a black one :)
« Last post by shooter on February 13, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »
Looks familiar 😂
« Last post by Spyman48 on February 13, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
Got my prize pack today. Not much to brag about. I do like the bigger stickers. Will be going on my outback.

Fishing Kayak Reviews / Re: CKA Kayak Reviews
« Last post by Red Rocket on February 09, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »
If I was thinking about a new $1000 fishing kayak I'd have a long hard look at the Pelican Catch 12,  http://www.pelicansport.com/en/products/kayaks-2017/sit-top-kayak/catch-120 , available at Sail. Good value as it's made in Canada.

I almost bought one two years ago just to have a paddle kayak available but decided it wouldn't be worth it to me because I'm very happy with my Outback and would be using it most of the time. Have a look.
« Last post by Ravyak on February 09, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »
Tyler never ever saw a post in a winner and many had asked online. If he did great 👍. Stats and records it is Brent 🤗

He received the paddle in October, I just looked back on his facebook page...

I just received my gift certificate, they got me a Cabelas Canada card and even threw a few extra bucks on it. Still waiting on the prize pack, it will be interesting to see what is in it. The gift certificate came straight from Cabelas so that explains why it came separate.

I have always received the prizes stated for what I have won. The only time I think they tried to back out of a prize was the first year when they listed the few extra Hobie prizes on website but myself and possibly a few others messaged them about it and they made things right.

I only have two frustrations with them. The first being that they lost most of their sponsors or something including all their big prizes like Hobie, Pelican etc. The prizes their first year were very good with multiple kayaks and lots of other good gear but last year it was just t-shirts, koozies, a paddle, a few rods, a couple sunglasses, a gift card and whatever my prize pack ends up being. Heck my spring skirmish prize the first year was bigger then all the main prizes this year. Second frustration was that they waited most of last year before announcing the lack of prizes, I already had a ton of time and money invested but I knew I was taking that risk since they hadn't announced anything.

Hopefully they will announce the prizes/prize structure earlier this year and will have their heads in the game this year. This tournament has a lot of potential, if they lined up good prizes, draws, skirmishes etc they could easily up the entry fee significantly(like $100).
« Last post by Spyman48 on February 09, 2018, 06:50:42 PM »
For what it costs, I'm totally fine with it. Spent $25 on things that I've used way less. It would be nice to have more prizes and such, but I'm still playing even without any. I was never really in it for the prizes. I like taking and sharing board pics. I also like seeing others doing the same. It's cool to see a friend or teammate get a new species that's been a challenge for them, or see the pic of that PB they finally bettered. If the price ever goes up, I'd probably not join.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10