Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Kayak Wars Canada / Re: KW 2017
« Last post by shooter on September 19, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »
Plenty of great fisherman outta Canada 🇨🇦 catching a huge variety of species outta yaks. Nice to see. And yep plenty of fish totals not accurate account of the top teams that cant add. West boys would like to catch some bass/muskie/drum/cats. While east coast would like different species of salmon/trout and other oddballs to catch .
« Last post by Ravyak on September 19, 2017, 09:03:32 AM »
Team Spirit not Individual Spirit on board this year And if you choose to go out and catch a few hundred more pike wipee do lol. Great team this year and plenty of species catches left off because cap limits. Best way to build the site is for every team members to post up fish. I see plenty that have quit like usual and never finish up the year. If you fish this event get those fish posted up. Fish on.

Yeah my team quit because they don't like taking pictures and uploading them, probably threw away 2000 points which sucks now that we need them... Daniel had limit of chinook salmon this month and never uploaded a single one...

Pike and walleye are our 2 native species here. Trout are just stocked ponds and all the good ones are hours away. No bass that you Easterners love lol.
« Last post by shooter on September 19, 2017, 05:37:43 AM »
Team Spirit not Individual Spirit on board this year And if you choose to go out and catch a few hundred more pike wipee do lol. Great team this year and plenty of species catches left off because cap limits. Best way to build the site is for every team members to post up fish. I see plenty that have quit like usual and never finish up the year. If you fish this event get those fish posted up. Fish on.
« Last post by Ravyak on September 18, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
I see what you boys down east are trying to do. *Waves finger * lol.

Obviously I can't let you guys get away with it though.

Actually gave me a bit of a surprise, nice to have some competition even if it is 5 on 1 haha.
CKA Yaktrip Report / Re: South Vancouver Island salmon heads up
« Last post by tsquared on September 16, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »
"great catch by the way... may need to pick up that spoon" they are very popular here in the Victoria area. Andrew, the guy who makes them, used to drop his boy off at my school(before I retired)with his boat in tow. He'd pull up to the drop off zone where I'd be standing and say" jump in, I'm going to do some  product testing! You're the principal, you can skip school!" I'd wait til his son was well clear of the truck before leaning into the cab and tell him to go get f&$#*d. 8) he'd laugh like hell and go fishing.
T2
« Last post by albertan-yaker on September 15, 2017, 04:06:15 PM »
Nice one, T2. Are their backs all that dark? It's been a while since I caught one in Lake Ontario but as I recall they're lighter in colour.
This late in the year the mature springs are starting to darken up. If you want to see some really dark springs, check out the Moutcha Bay pics. If you catch "feeder springs", in other words, springs that are not heading into the river this year, they are still silver bright.
T2

You are correct about the darker smilies trying to get up river at Moutcha, but there were alot still in haling the jigs and still quite silver, alot like your pick with the dark green back and silver belly... I was out there for the tourney and caught 35 total, with maybe about 18-20 of them good eaters and green/and silver.

great catch by the way... may need to pick up that spoon ;)
« Last post by tsquared on September 15, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
Nice chinook T2.
So when do you call a "Spring" a " King " ?
When you're talking to Americans.
« Last post by EagleEyesFlash on September 15, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »
Nice chinook T2.
So when do you call a "Spring" a " King " ?
« Last post by tsquared on September 15, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
Nice one, T2. Are their backs all that dark? It's been a while since I caught one in Lake Ontario but as I recall they're lighter in colour.
This late in the year the mature springs are starting to darken up. If you want to see some really dark springs, check out the Moutcha Bay pics. If you catch "feeder springs", in other words, springs that are not heading into the river this year, they are still silver bright.
T2
« Last post by shooter on September 15, 2017, 05:25:25 AM »
Great looking coho. Im sure u will get plenty more
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10