Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Kayak Modifications / Garmin Striker 5CV Fish Finder Wiring question
« Last post by Hook on May 17, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »
Hi folks, about to build my battery box for my new fish finder. The Garmin Striker 5cv power cable has your your standard Red and Black cable but the 5CV also has a Blue and Brown wire (Data Sharing Cable)... What is that and do I need it?

Thank You
We are happy to have this as a part of the New Brunswick Paddlers Fishing Series - it's going to be a great event - loads of prizes!

www.nbpaddlers.com
Kayak Fishing Event Announcements / Re: New Brunswick Paddlers Fishing Series
« Last post by NBPFS on May 08, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »
Thanks John! 

Really hoping that we will have all ages out for this catch and release series - love to promote kayak / canoe fishing in the NB Rivers!
I've Pinned this to the top of the board.
Kayak Fishing Event Announcements / New Brunswick Paddlers Fishing Series
« Last post by NBPFS on May 07, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »
2018 NB Paddlers Fishing Series

Imagine navigating New Brunswick rivers at 7 unique access points across the province, with just your paddle and your poleā€¦ Oh yeah and a chance to catch lots of fish and win great prizes!
Think you can land the biggest fish, or how about catch the most amount of different species? The Paddlers Fishing Series is the perfect opportunity to show off your angling skills from a kayak or canoe. Each location in the series presents opportunity to catch several different species, win great prizes and the bigger the better when it comes to the final scoreboard.

How To Win
There will be 7 individual tournaments that will take place all over New Brunswick.  Each tournament will be a catch, photograph and release event.  Participants can enter one or all of the tournaments, and are trying to catch as many different species as possible.  From each event anglers will submit their best length of each species caught.  You can upgrade your previous totals as the series continues at different tournaments.  Upon completion of the final tournament of the series, the angler with the highest combined species length will be announced as the SERIES WINNER, there will be prizes for the top three finishers of the series.

How to Win Individual Tournaments

There will be 7 individual tournaments that will take place all over New Brunswick.  Each tournament will be a catch, photograph and release event.  Participants are trying to catch as many different species as possible in that tournament.  From each event anglers will submit their best length of each species caught, prizes will be awarded for the top three tournament combined species length.

https://www.nbpaddlers.com/
Kayak Fishing Accessories / Re: peeing when fishing without "opening" in outerwear
« Last post by TexasDon on April 14, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »
I just bought a set of waterproof chest waders from BassPro.
And I for SURE will NOT be peeing in them...so I also bought some"Easy Go-Disposable Urine Bag Super Absorbent Packs ".....so, I think I'm "good to go"...lol
Kayak Wars Canada / Re: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread
« Last post by Ravyak on April 13, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »
All Alberta's tar sand fault I figure. More C0 2 emissions, melt a bunch of Ice up North and then get MODERATE temps, lots of clouds and a moderate spring. All before the eventual heat wave that's coming. LUV Alberta, twist up BC, need to get our heavy oil to market, to pay all those government jobs and our huge deficits ! US self efficient for gas and oil now, fracking...

Canada's CO2 emissions are small let alone Albertas... As a country we are CO2 negative and far from the problem at hand.

You are correct about us Albertan's having to pay for government jobs and deficits though especially the ones down east... I wouldn't want to even think about what shape our country would be in without the 200 billion we have donated east in the past decade... Sure would have been nice to have that ~$5,000 per year in my pocket...
« Last post by EagleEyesFlash on April 13, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
All Alberta's tar sand fault I figure. More C0 2 emissions, melt a bunch of Ice up North and then get MODERATE temps, lots of clouds and a moderate spring. All before the eventual heat wave that's coming. LUV Alberta, twist up BC, need to get our heavy oil to market, to pay all those government jobs and our huge deficits ! US self efficient for gas and oil now, fracking...

Okay lets grow lots of POT ( potash too ) and become a world exporter in that resource. Long live the Big Red Maple Leaf ?

Income tax done, child support payed ( no deductions like our pre successors use to get ), truck fixed another year...time for some kayak stress relief and a smoke and  fishn ! EEF
« Last post by Ravyak on April 13, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
Just broke the all time record for the most consecutive days with below freezing temperatures. There hasn't been a single day since Oct 29th that the temperature at some point wasn't below freezing.

Still 7-11 more days of this forecasted too...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4140452/edmonton-winter-weather-record/
« Last post by Ravyak on April 12, 2018, 12:56:01 PM »
Last 2(maybe 3) years the following lake was already ice free. Hasn't even started to melt yet and it will be one of the first ones to be ice free.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10