Recent

Author Topic: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
Re: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
Got my prize pack today. Not much to brag about. I do like the bigger stickers. Will be going on my outback.

Home water is Bay of Quinte!!!!!

https://www.kayakwars.com/angler.php?angler-id=5303
See my Kayak Wars Catches.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »
Looks familiar 😂

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
I like your shirt better. Already had a black one :)

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
Got a black T-Shirt, very happy !  :)
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Str8Yakn

• Ultra Light
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »
Hey guys been a long time since I’ve posted anything.  This year I want to try and get more involved on the sites that I am a member of. 

So speaking of KW, I am looking for anyone that wants to join my team who DOESN’T normally target pike or walleye in Canada since it seems like these are the only 2 species that I am able to catch in my region, Alberta.
Shortly after joining KW for the first time last year, I quickly came to the conclusion that having team mates in the same province who are targeting the same species can really hinder your chances of maximizing the amount of individual points you can personally accumulate per month.  So I’m taking a long shot in asking if there’s other anglers in the other 9 provinces and 3 territories on this site who don’t target pike or walleye in their region? .. ya right lol!

But keep in mind if you do want to join my team, you have to be good looking, have a full head of hair, have no more than 7% body fat and be able to hog tie a calf under 7 seconds!

My KW team name is Dangling Wormz.
Joel Gaddi (TheGaddiman)

Wilderness Systems Radar 135
Ascend FS12T
Calgary, AB

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »
So speaking of KW, I am looking for anyone that wants to join my team who DOESN’T normally target pike or walleye in Canada since it seems like these are the only 2 species that I am able to catch in my region, Alberta.

You should look for people to fill your pike and walleye so you can learn how to catch the other species available to you.

Offline Str8Yakn

• Ultra Light
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »
It’s hard to get away when you have a family that wants to do things together at least 1 day of each weekend.
My plan this year is to try and max out the easy ones, pike and walleye by the 2nd weekend of every month fishing only 1 day of each weekend.  I know it’s doable because of the luck I had last fall on single day fishing trips.  Then I’ll have at least 2 more fishing trips to try and catch other species. 
Joel Gaddi (TheGaddiman)

Wilderness Systems Radar 135
Ascend FS12T
Calgary, AB

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 09:45:43 PM »
Giver Sta8. Have fun and post a monster or two.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »
It’s hard to get away when you have a family that wants to do things together at least 1 day of each weekend.
My plan this year is to try and max out the easy ones, pike and walleye by the 2nd weekend of every month fishing only 1 day of each weekend.  I know it’s doable because of the luck I had last fall on single day fishing trips.  Then I’ll have at least 2 more fishing trips to try and catch other species.

Being single has both its advantages and disadvantages lol.

I'd focus more on having fun and chasing some personal bests then spending all your time on kayak wars. Go to the mountains and chase 30 inch rainbows, 30 inch bulls, 24 inch cutties and 14 inch grayling. Try fishing the river for sturgeon and go hunting for some big pike and walleye you know where. Head south and try to catch a decent brown trout. Go hiking for a golden trout etc.

Best thing that ever happened to me was in my first year of kayak wars when I had the falling out with Curtis and quit. I then focused on learning how to catch all the other species available and it made me 10 times the angler I used to be.

Then you can go back and win kayak wars when they start offering decent prizes again lol.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »
Rav won us kw inflatable hobie .Wtg.  Time to give back? Tyler send a prize to kw crew to give. Time to be a leader bud.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 11:58:58 PM »
Rav won us kw inflatable hobie .Wtg.  Time to give back? Tyler send a prize to kw crew to give. Time to be a leader bud.

The i11 was barely worth the effort I put in that year let alone the effort I put in last year for much less. That is why I am saying to people enter fish for fun, don't make the mistake I did and try to compete in a tournament that likely won't be giving back for your efforts.

I am only competing for fun this year unless they get things together but so far it isn't looking good. They moved the spring skirmish up to March and we are supposedly 5 days into the skirmish already but no prizes listed or leaderboard set up... Not a single post or update since they started this season over a month ago and why are they still doing kayak man points if they don't count for anything? Looking very similar to last year with lack of direction and involvement by management.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 12:39:09 PM »
I did not participate last year for Kayak Wars or the KFGL Season Long Online Challenge, both were always on my mind when I went out fishing.  I replaced the year long challenges with weekend and monthly challenges which still pushed me to go out and target mainly bass, which helped me to become a better tournament angler.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
I personally like KW because it's multi species. Don't get me wrong, I love bass fishing and will always do as many tournys a year as I can  but there's a lot of other awesome species to catch. I'm not as much of a hardcore multi species as some,  but love lake trout, musky, walleye and pike fishing just as much as bass. There's not many other multi species events out there and it would be a shame if Kayak Wars ends.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2018, 12:23:44 AM »
The concept is awesome, they just need to improve execution. You can't get rid of all the top prizes and draw prizes and expect people to keep competing.

It still is a cool tournament to enter for fun, just not worth trying to be competitive in anymore.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 04:00:13 PM »
Looks like Basketdeer has caught first Canadian kw fish of the year. 3 Brookies.

Pics. look fishy to me though, look fishy to anyone else ?
Someone else maybe taking kw too seriously ? JMOH ... sand looks dry ....... :-\

Liked OutlawZM ice fishn pics. big fish, wasn't shy to show not from kayak.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:03:46 PM by EagleEyesFlash »

Tags: