Recent

Author Topic: KW 2017  (Read 6237 times)

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
Re: KW 2017
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
Am sure a lot of the KW guys have been affected by hurricanes.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2017, 01:57:30 PM »
Have actually lost a muskie lure or two using titanium. Something about strain hardening at the end of a cast when that big lure hits the water. I'm actually bass fishn when after snots so no way will use steel leaders, there's other options though...Knot 2 Kinky, TuffStuff ...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:50:37 AM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline dwc67

• Ultra Light
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »
Have actually lost a muskie lure or two using titanium. Something about strain hardening at the end of a cast when that big lure hits the water. I'm actually bass fishn when after snots so no way will use steel leaders, there's other options though...Knot too Kinky, TuffStuff ...

i use knot to kinky for my meat rigs in aug sept. i have not been bit off by a salmon with it no matter how deep they take it.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2017, 05:52:15 AM »
Hurricanes certainly have affected many of the southern boys and rightfully so they are fishing out in the wild areas many of them. No trout ponds or warm water discharges to catch most of there fish. I see the Turtle loves to fish dam reservoirs also to achieve his plus points. Me and the team will stick to au natural way of fishing. So far doing a great job team. And i think this gang of new owners must be having issues also because no updtes or responses or they might have also succumbed to the hurricanes themselves. 

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:19 PM »
Hurricanes certainly have affected many of the southern boys and rightfully so they are fishing out in the wild areas many of them. No trout ponds or warm water discharges to catch most of there fish. I see the Turtle loves to fish dam reservoirs also to achieve his plus points. Me and the team will stick to au natural way of fishing. So far doing a great job team. And i think this gang of new owners must be having issues also because no updtes or responses or they might have also succumbed to the hurricanes themselves.

Lol you guys live in some of the best fishing in the world. Most of us aren't that lucky...

Too bad you didn't feel like being competitive. Should have been easy for you.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Ontario very diverse fishing 🎣 areas , some better then others. And the enjoyment of getting out to catch plenty of fish with many different walks of life is what it's about for this guy. I never fish more then a half day for a workout and adventure is No 1 goal. I work /other interests /dog/home duties/family/friends all consume time. And i feel so lucky 🍀 to have an awesome wife who doesnt mind me doing my gig. And i believe the other souls in team im on also have there own personal combo. Different goals and different gigs on life. But all enjoy 😊 this wonderful world 🌎 of kayak fish. Keep it simple 😎

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2017, 12:47:19 PM »
Some cooler weather finally coming, may get the more cold water fish going. Maybe too cool out west? A couple more days till Nov. 1st, will be nice to post fish again,  weekend looking GOOD.  :)

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
Some cooler weather finally coming, may get the more cold water fish going. Maybe too cool out west? A couple more days till Nov. 1st, will be nice to post fish again,  weekend looking GOOD.  :)

We have had cold and windy weather most of October and I also lost half the month to family commitments. Still got a few points to upload from the weekend but not enough to catch you guys. 

November is going to be downright frigid with far below normal temps forecasted. Teammates have had their kayaks put away for weeks now, I won't be far behind. Looks like you guys will win this battle, I can't beat the 5 of you and the weather lol.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2017, 08:45:54 PM »
Hey Taylor, you near Edmonton eh ? Good job on the fish this year. I have had two splake sunk Saturdays in a row, probably cause wrong time of year for them to be active and perhaps fake spawning. I'm not afraid to try and learn byself. Sometimes wonder what you would do if fishing there and then with me and yes did try wooly buggers on a wet fly line. A big splake still a goal of mine this year, the big ones from past are reel memoriable.  Will be kayak fishing , doing stuff more familiar and experienced with for the  next while, and guess time to put the polypropelyne on. Cheers, see ya on the water sometime..Windsor, Fraser, Nipigon ??

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2017, 09:09:38 AM »
Hey Taylor, you near Edmonton eh ? Good job on the fish this year. I have had two splake sunk Saturdays in a row, probably cause wrong time of year for them to be active and perhaps fake spawning. I'm not afraid to try and learn byself. Sometimes wonder what you would do if fishing there and then with me and yes did try wooly buggers on a wet fly line. A big splake still a goal of mine this year, the big ones from past are reel memoriable.  Will be kayak fishing , doing stuff more familiar and experienced with for the  next while, and guess time to put the polypropelyne on. Cheers, see ya on the water sometime..Windsor, Fraser, Nipigon ??

Yeah in Edmonton.

I was fishing for Splake around this time last year and did very well, guys that told me about them said they are really good fishing in fall. I caught mine on a type 6 sinking line in 15-25 fow as well as under an indicator in around 12 fow but that probably depends on the lake.

Just like lakers the key is to move till you find them. Could be in anything from 10-60+ fow and possibly on bottom or suspended depending on the lake. If you aren't marking them keep moving.

I never got to do Windsor this last year so I will probably try this coming year always up to meet guys at the Fraser too or around here. Limited vacation is going to make things a bit tough this year, got lots of plans but not enough time lol.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
Nouveau Norsemen rocking ! A Thaw coming and more fish ahead. Real happy to finally have snow tires on truck. Means more time fishing than pushing and sanding to get up icy hills.... EEF  :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:15:31 AM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »
Oh, out for a while, maybe season, blew a tranny line, hopefully not tranny too.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:03:50 AM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline Dave

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2017, 05:22:35 AM »
Hope it isn't too serious!
Dave
Woodstock, Ontario
Coosa, Hobie Outback

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2017, 08:16:30 AM »
Figures eh. Get the snows on and something else to kill the fun. Hope you got it fixed up. And snow covered roads yikes 🤦‍♂️😩.

Tags: