Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Kayak Reviews / Re: iCast 2018
« Last post by shooter on July 16, 2018, 08:57:21 AM »
The new species of rides out there is a huge bonus of diversity for a one size fits all. Impressed with some of the features they have built in. And hats off to the Pelican gang for jumping at the chance to stepup there game in the industry. This will likely be huge sellers and hopefully others join suit on this technology and change it up with there own flair. The reverse is not a game changer for the guys who just want to get out and fish. I would like that component they use to put the drive in. Would like of picture from underneath and component specifics and price 👏😉🤗🎣
« Last post by John Gibson on July 16, 2018, 07:29:32 AM »
I have always thought the kayak fishing rod thing was a joke but after they mentioned those couple things I figured it kind of made sense. I will still be picking my rods based on the techniques I am using and fish I am targeting.

Im with you actually.  I dont really like the shorter end to be honest.  I found it weird to cast and didnt like the feel.  I prefer a regular rod over the specific ones. 
« Last post by Ravyak on July 16, 2018, 01:31:05 AM »
I have always thought the kayak fishing rod thing was a joke but after they mentioned those couple things I figured it kind of made sense. I will still be picking my rods based on the techniques I am using and fish I am targeting.
« Last post by John Gibson on July 15, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
There are several kayak rods on the market already. The guy in the video is mistaken. I've had a Rapala North Coast casting rod for years and that's made for kayak fishing
« Last post by Ravyak on July 15, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
I was wondering when someone was going to rip off Hobie now that the original patents are expired. Of course it was Pelican lol. The latest 2 fin designs and 180 drive are still patented for quite a while though so they will be stuck using old designs unless they can come up with their own improvements.

That Riot drive is light but that is because as he said the gearing etc is all plastic. I don't see it holding up to heavy use although for the average weekend warrior it is probably fine.

That kayak rod was actually more interesting then I thought it would be. The shorter handle and strengthened tips are 2 things advantageous to kayak fishermen. Not a fan of the colours though.

Hobie should have focused on something to protect the transducer when dragging. This guardian doesn't do much because you almost never hit something when on the water and even if you did it is still going to drag along the transducer and scratch it which is the issue. A new mount more side imaging friendly was needed but I think they missed the mark.
« Last post by otownyaker on July 15, 2018, 10:34:18 AM »
 The new feelfree this thing looks sweet. http://youtu.be/F8Q_fO7WCss
« Last post by John Gibson on July 12, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
Gerber, Stepping up their game...

General Discussion / Happy Birthday EagleEyesFlash
« Last post by John Gibson on July 12, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
Brent, Happy 55th Sir.
Thank you for all of your contributions to this forum/site.
It mean's more than you know.
« Last post by John Gibson on July 12, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »
Hobie Guardian Transducer shield:

« Last post by John Gibson on July 12, 2018, 09:20:54 AM »
New St. Croix Kayak fishing rod:

The dude says this is the 1st.. thats incorrect. Rapala make kayak fishing rods:
https://rapala.ca/products/north-coast-kayak-spinning
https://rapala.ca/products/north-coast-kayak-casting - I own this one. I like it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10