Recent

Author Topic: Level Six Reign Dry Pant  (Read 3654 times)

Offline hoc

• CKA Team
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Delta Catfish, Necky Chatham
Level Six Reign Dry Pant
« on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
So there is finally a competitor to the Tempest pant as the go to for kayak fishing.  Level Six is now selling their "Reign Pant" which follows a very similar sock-footed dry pant design, but with a lot of upgrades that are perfect for kayak fishing.

Product Site

From the manufacturer:
The newest addition to the Level Six technical pant category, the Reign pant is built with creeking and expedition paddling at its core. Above and beyond anything on the market today, it offers unparalleled durability and comfort all in the most watertight pant ever created by Level Six. Constructed mainly from our renowned eXhaust 3 ply fabric, the Reign pant also employs extra tough cordura panels on the knees, seat, and the bottoms of the socks and features an extra long waistband.

Well the construction is ridiculously rugged compared to other dry pants I've tried on.  Everything feels 3x thicker as they say but still very flexible and no more restricting.  The material on the butt, knees and soles of the feet is really tough, and I can't see it ever wearing through from sitting or crawling around your kayak.  The enclosed socks have a gaiter-like pant above them so if you have ankle or shin-high paddle boots they can be hidden under this.  It has two zipper pockets that are sealed with waterproof zippers, these I don't totally see the need for but any extra storage is good I suppose.  They fit like a dream, I'm 6' about 175 and the crotch/inseam is right where it should be, unlike some of the other pants I've tried, I don't feel like I'm wearing MC hammer pants but just a regular pair.  The waistband comes up as high as most waders, and while it looks ridiculous without a top over it, seems very functional for keeping your waist and rear end dry.   The price is a bit higher than most of the similar pants on the market, but the material quality is vastly superior from what I've seen so far.

If you order direct from the manufacturer the shipping is crazy fast as they are in Ottawa.  I'll do a full immersion test soon with these paired with a dry top and see if they prevent leakage any better than the other guys.

Level Six Ambassador
Aqua Bound Ambassador
Redington Pro Staff
RIO Pro Staff

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
Re: Level Six Reign Dry Pant
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
I think Jeremy just needed an excuse to post a picture of his crotch on the internet. :)
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline Fishnhound

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
  • Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Kokatat Ambassador
    • Fishnhound - Kayak Fishing
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
HAHA!!
Stephen Laurie
Calgary, Alberta

Jackson Coosa
Jackson Cuda 12
Jackson Big Tuna

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »
Pants look good, but i think i see some Camel toe!

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Tags: dry safety pant clothing