Recent

Author Topic: prizes  (Read 11951 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: prizes
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
Ok guys heres a suggestion. I posted a thread yesterday on kayak wars site looking for input about the 2015 rule layout. And i posted the 2014 winners as originally posted because i had save it earlier due to the deleting going on on site. Every year the goal of goldman was for the biggest prize draw for everyone to have a chance individual wise to win the outback. Last year guy in 10 or less won it. JOSEPH . Top angler won a livewell and package. Otherwise would be way less players involved in the site if top points won every year. Somewhere along the ways this year. Oz who is still in côntrol of this year gave the hobie away to top angler. Not drawn Brent. This is why i posted hoping someone have that rule / prize written from 2015. Every person going on the original layout of the goldman points got screwed out draw if this was the case. Gene Kelly had a great year but even he was suprised by this. 

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »
Had to add to this to post. This is un no way reflective of new owners in any way. These guys have been great to deal with, helpful and were left with plenty of unknown answers and previous layout of kayak wars. The obligation of 2014 2015 are still up to Oz and his sponsors. He is still to announce whats left with anything else to be given out. Gene was hesitant to post due to that not being done.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 12:18:10 PM »
Are you certain the kayak actually went to top angler and was not a draw? We really don't know unless you have inside information.

I messaged kayakwars before the season even started saying they needed to pressure Oz to announce winners but they didn't do so and now got themselves in a mess... I messaged them again saying they need to clarify and announce winners but will see if they can get Oz to do so.

Oz never announced positions that would get prizes or the prizes last year so I don't know what is going to happen. I feel really bad for the new guys because they acquired a gong show and Oz either hasn't handled his side of the deal properly or the new owners didn't have the prize thing figured out good enough with Oz before doing the deal.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
Tyler Gene Ken won by points and had 90 goldman points. I talked to him Sat. He was surprised  and wasnt going to say anything because it has been close to a month and he just got outback and decided to post. Oz well he is the problem here. Unbelieveable the owners only have partial info from last 2 years. And goldman points were always for the outback. Hence my post. More info to come. New owners only at helm for new stuff and running it the way it was intended. They have been quickly fixing up the site

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
Total points not goldman points. I just listed what he had.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
On facebook, check the April 8, 2015 entry by Oz
describing how the draw was done for 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/KayakWars/

I remember Lusca won the Outback in 2013, he also had the most goldman points for that year.
At that time, I thought he automatically won it for most goldman points, but now
have the Hobie as a draw prize ?
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
Thats what i posted on the kayak wars new site for a couple guys asking earlier if someone had the winner info. The hobie grand prize has always been listed as the outback and only in goldman points. Joseph was from draw and Lusca year before i believe was the most goldman points that year. Total points guy was never winner of the biggest prize.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »
On facebook, check the April 8, 2015 entry by Oz
describing how the draw was done for 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/KayakWars/

I remember Lusca won the Outback in 2013, he also had the most goldman points for that year.
At that time, I thought he automatically won it for most goldman points, but now
have the Hobie as a draw prize ?

The hobie was a draw prize for both 2014 and 2015 years that I participated in. I see it was definitely a draw prize in 2012(on facebook) and there is mention of a gold man points draw for 2013 as well but not specifically mentioning kayak although I am assuming it was the same.

I won't comment on this years hobie until there is an official word from kayakwars or Oz on the matter saying Gene won the hobie for his total points and not based on a draw. And I am not going to do so because even if that is the case it is still possible there is a 2nd hobie to be given away in a draw. We don't know the truth or details and will not know until if/when they are posted.

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »
All that I see on the site is that they are going to ship out all the prizes then once they are shipped they will announce the winners

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »
Ok guys enough time has been wasted. I'm here to announce that i'm the first International Goldman Point Draw Winner. I was asked to hold off but that was a month ago, but because of the release of info from Gene Ken and surprise win of the outback i felt it was time. Hopefully others now will come through and announce if they won anything else out there or not.   None of the extras shown of course. Cant wait to try this baby out. Nobody here has one of these guys

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »
Nice...pack that baby into place you can't haul a yak.

So they have done the draw?? and results aren't going to be posted???
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 08:22:50 PM »
Curtis that is the problem. Oz hasn't returned messages back from me or Gene on when we could announce . We waited for a month now. That's why Gene posted his on kwars and after talking to him decided enough was enough. Notsure who else won what. Ive sent my post on kwars facebook also awaiting them to put on and hopefully others  come forward that have not yet. im sure new owners want this done and outta way also.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:28:25 PM by shooter »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
Nice...pack that baby into place you can't haul a yak.

So they have done the draw?? and results aren't going to be posted???

The new owners have stated they will release results after Oz has finished sending out all prizes. They don't want to announce winners that Oz doesn't send prizes too...

Congrats on the SUP shooter, makes the work worthwhile.

I don't get why they wouldn't post any of these results especially if they started doing draws...

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »
Didnt know Hobie had a fishing SUP other than the new i11s.

Congrats on winning a nice looking SUP.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 06:26:09 AM »
Thanks guys . Hey Tyler Ive known for over a month now. But Oz being who he is never got back to me or Gene when we asked when we could say something. That why we wanted to come out, so guys weren't wondering what was going on. Genes winning of the outback was the biggest shocker to me because it has never been laid out ever as a total points winner ever in this event. He was stunned to hear he won it also. And my email was  a week before him sent to me and announced about winning the Hobie Grand Prize and it was the SUP. Guys playing the goldman category all year are gonna be scratching there heads when my post finally goes through today on site. I was told announcement for rest of prizes will be announced  shortly after people have received them. 

Tags: