Recent

Author Topic: I want your videos.  (Read 296 times)

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
I want your videos.
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »
If you are interested, I'd really like to make a montage of some awesome caught fish into one video.
If you are interested in contributing, send me a message, or post here and I can tell you how to get me your videos.
Alternatively if you want to give me permission to use your YouTube videos I can get them myself and edit them into a video.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
Re: I want your videos.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
You're welcome to steal from my Youtube, or let me know what clips you want and I'll pass them along.

Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:38:33 AM »
Thanks man!!
Id also like to confirm that I will give full credit to everyone that contributed by linking their youtube channels in the description of the videos I make. 

Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »
Same here, your welcome to my YouTube Videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rmofner

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
I would share videos but I don't have any. Have the gopro but I played with it once and wasn't happy with the setup. Seems you need to have it elevated at the front to get a good video but then it is always in the way.

I am interested to know if your fish finder survived your roll over? 

That is the biggest thing that has worried me about a potential roll over as I also use an expensive fish finder. Well that and losing all my gear that I am too lazy to tie in... I know I need to start doing so but years of use with no issue has made me lazy though.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »
What gopro do you have?

Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »
What gopro do you have?

3 black.

I tried a head mount but was annoyed with how shaky everything was and then mounted it up on front down low but then its just a crotch shot video lol.

I might be able to mount it beside my fish finder, should play with that and see if it works decent enough might be too close though.

I do have a big trip planned that would be cool to get video on.

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
If I had a gopro and made movie you could use them. But I'm cheap and have yet to find a good deal on one. So as of right now no videos for you. :)

Offline ZaGhost

• Local Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 06:19:21 PM »
I have a cheap Vivitar from walmart ($50)
Does 720P,  works pretty good. Bought it to use for bike runs.
Actually just made a hat mount today to try in the yak....now to find some fish.
Current Designs Solara 100

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
What gopro do you have?

3 black.

I tried a head mount but was annoyed with how shaky everything was and then mounted it up on front down low but then its just a crotch shot video lol.

I might be able to mount it beside my fish finder, should play with that and see if it works decent enough might be too close though.

I do have a big trip planned that would be cool to get video on.

How is your fishfinder mounted? I mounted mine to a piece of 1" PVC Pipe, few layers of duct tape got it to fit tight in the sail mast hole. At the top of the 1" PVC I mounted a Tee, and I use that to hold a gopro. I just zip tied the go pro on it's arm to a 6" section of the 1" PVC, then a 90 degree corner piece, then about an 8" piece of the PVC that I stick in the tee when I get to the launch. I stuck a piece of pool noodle to the arm so it floats if I ever lose it over the side. I can get photos of it all if need be. I use the gopro for all of my selfies, I set it up for 1 second timed photos so I can push the button to start it when I land a fish, hold the fish up for a few seconds for a photo, then turn it off after I release the fish. It works awesome, takes good photos too.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 06:37:45 PM »
I would share videos but I don't have any. Have the gopro but I played with it once and wasn't happy with the setup. Seems you need to have it elevated at the front to get a good video but then it is always in the way.

I am interested to know if your fish finder survived your roll over? 

That is the biggest thing that has worried me about a potential roll over as I also use an expensive fish finder. Well that and losing all my gear that I am too lazy to tie in... I know I need to start doing so but years of use with no issue has made me lazy though.

I though it did.  After drying it out for a few weeks everything worked.  A week before leaving for the March KBF Championship I took it out on the water to double check.  Just cause the unit turned on and off and looked like it was working, it wasn't. 

Warning to Ontario Humminbird owners.    After sending out my unit 2 years in a row, and being promised quick deliver, on both occasions it took months in stead of weeks.  I am now the proud owner of a Lowrance HDS9 Gen2 Touch.  I did eventually get my Humminbird 999ci HD SI back from service (almost $400 later) and it works perfect. 

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
Ugh was hoping there would be no issue. Buddy uses a new helix on his kayak, I probably shouldn't tell him they fry if you flip lol.

I been playing with my gopro but can't get it to work right... I bought it for a diving trip and it leaked water first trip out(housing had a crack). It seemed to work after that but I just never used it. I wonder if there is some damage from back then but it seems like more of a software issue but reformatting, updating etc doesn't fix it or even work properly...

Offline Mtmouse

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
John, you are welcome to use what you can from my YouTube channel.

These are the cameras I use. I can control up to 6 cameras with one wrist watch remote.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=12570&seq=1&format=2

Yes, I have 6.  :)

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 09:08:53 AM »
How do you like those Cameras Tim?
Whats the link to your YT Channel?

Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 09:32:14 AM »
Ugh was hoping there would be no issue. Buddy uses a new helix on his kayak, I probably shouldn't tell him they fry if you flip lol.

I been playing with my gopro but can't get it to work right... I bought it for a diving trip and it leaked water first trip out(housing had a crack). It seemed to work after that but I just never used it. I wonder if there is some damage from back then but it seems like more of a software issue but reformatting, updating etc doesn't fix it or even work properly...

They don't all fry, my 788ci HD DI flipped in 2010,  shut off while under water (less than a minute) and i was able to turn back on when I climbed back in.  Though it was less than a minute under water it took two hours to get back to shore and walk back to our vehicles in a steady torential downpour on Lake Erie.

Tags: