Recent

Author Topic: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread  (Read 4019 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: 2018 Kayak Wars Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 04:48:03 PM »
Yep the site is pretty much no sign of life. No sponser list at all now and never finished up last years stuff completely. Likely a stats site now if guys even post. And yes the best site for species to get out and change things up. And Brent just took a look at those pics and clearly something strange when the hand and fish have creases like the boat lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:49:47 PM by shooter »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »
Their Spring Squirmish is on, good for them, like most squirmishes this year geared towards southern anglers.

We still have the most comprehensive freshwater registry here on CKA !

Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
Looks like Basketdeer has caught first Canadian kw fish of the year. 3 Brookies.

Pics. look fishy to me though, look fishy to anyone else ?
Someone else maybe taking kw too seriously ? JMOH ... sand looks dry ....... :-\

Liked OutlawZM ice fishn pics. big fish, wasn't shy to show not from kayak.

So are you thinking he caught these ice fishing and brought them home and took board pics in kayak in back yard? The fish are clearly dead and the sand does look dry. Hmmm. No real reason to cheat, but who knows.
Home water is Bay of Quinte!!!!!

https://www.kayakwars.com/angler.php?angler-id=5303
See my Kayak Wars Catches.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
In garage... Kinda touchy accusing someone of cheating.. oh well something to talk about while we wait...
He might be called Basketdeer for a reason, or he only harvests bambis  :o
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:36:06 AM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
3 measly brook trout, not even worth talking about. Even if lakes are still frozen there are legal ways to get points right now, give him the benefit of the doubt. If he is cheating he will slip up and get caught, they always do.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »
3 photos, time stamps, are 18:21 , 17:25 and 17:24. That's a puzzle too.
Yup know being an ass.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:40:25 PM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »
22 Canadians now registered , 5 new guys.

Goals ? Mine just to improve profile, add a specie or two, upgrade a few pbs and maybe a new record or two.

Guess learn how to download from phone. Still no data, just Wi-Fi, figure Wi-Fi will be free and available all over in a year or two ?  Need to do I guess if have to use Tourney X app for tournies.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Someone holding back fish ?

Latest start here ever ! Haven't been out yet !

A few more Canadians registered.  :)

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »
Someone holding back fish ?

Latest start here ever ! Haven't been out yet !

A few more Canadians registered.  :)

I finally got out for the first time.

We are having one of our coldest longest winters in quite a while. For the past little while we were 20 degrees below average. Our lakes haven't even started to melt yet, we have around 3 feet of ice and lots of snow laying around. Our main lakes likely won't be ice free until mid to late May this year although I hope it won't be that long...

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
True cold water experience last 2 weekends and Saturday by far the coldest start on open waters of the Detroit river with young Spencer joining me. Starting at  21 degrees and never got above 26 Fahrenheit not including the winds. The Easter weekend was the first walleyes of the year by myself. Third year in a row and this by far the worst start with dirty water conditions. Just havent bothered posting yet  Brent. No incentives. Hope u get out soon 😎

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:01 PM »
Last 2(maybe 3) years the following lake was already ice free. Hasn't even started to melt yet and it will be one of the first ones to be ice free.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:58:26 PM by Ravyak »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
Just broke the all time record for the most consecutive days with below freezing temperatures. There hasn't been a single day since Oct 29th that the temperature at some point wasn't below freezing.

Still 7-11 more days of this forecasted too...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4140452/edmonton-winter-weather-record/

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
All Alberta's tar sand fault I figure. More C0 2 emissions, melt a bunch of Ice up North and then get MODERATE temps, lots of clouds and a moderate spring. All before the eventual heat wave that's coming. LUV Alberta, twist up BC, need to get our heavy oil to market, to pay all those government jobs and our huge deficits ! US self efficient for gas and oil now, fracking...

Okay lets grow lots of POT ( potash too ) and become a world exporter in that resource. Long live the Big Red Maple Leaf ?

Income tax done, child support payed ( no deductions like our pre successors use to get ), truck fixed another year...time for some kayak stress relief and a smoke and  fishn ! EEF
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:25:12 PM by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »
All Alberta's tar sand fault I figure. More C0 2 emissions, melt a bunch of Ice up North and then get MODERATE temps, lots of clouds and a moderate spring. All before the eventual heat wave that's coming. LUV Alberta, twist up BC, need to get our heavy oil to market, to pay all those government jobs and our huge deficits ! US self efficient for gas and oil now, fracking...

Canada's CO2 emissions are small let alone Albertas... As a country we are CO2 negative and far from the problem at hand.

You are correct about us Albertan's having to pay for government jobs and deficits though especially the ones down east... I wouldn't want to even think about what shape our country would be in without the 200 billion we have donated east in the past decade... Sure would have been nice to have that ~$5,000 per year in my pocket...

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 07:23:07 AM »
Pictures pictures pictures have pretty much come to an end other then a couple to post. The chasing for kwars is pretty much over other than perhaps the records. The site is again is limbo and numbers half of last years. Sure many of us could post way more fish but no point in doing so and save yourself the nonsense. Maybe someone will take over the site and totally change it up year after year.

Tags: