Recent

Author Topic: Cookie Cutter Bass  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Unchained

• Greenhorn
Cookie Cutter Bass
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
Was fishing in the quinte region a few times in the past week and caught about 25 of these siblings, all within an inch of each other.  Also caught a few pike but I didn't photograph them ...just let them go yak-side to avoid getting slimed/stunk up.  Biggest pike was maybe 29-30" so nothing crazy.

One walleye too...or pickerel to the locals.

The little rock bass was funny.  When I caught one of the LM bass, I was dealing with him, and got the hook out and threw the spinnerbait back in the water while meauring it. 

When I released the LM and picked the rod back up to cast out the Rock Bass had latched on to the spinnerbait while it was just floating there 5 feet from the yak.   Agressive little guy.

[imghttps://farm2.staticflickr.com/1829/42977714672_a40057ce30_b.jpg[/img]http://

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:23:07 PM by Unchained »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
Re: Cookie Cutter Bass
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:46:22 AM »
This post reminded me of a time when I was a kid and living down in Kentucky. I was fishing at a lake and when retrieving my lure a fish shot out of hole in the bank by my feet and grabbed it. It was a little rock bass and after I threw him back he ran straight back to his hole. I then went on to catch it 3 or 4 more times because each time I would put the lure in front of his hole he would hit it again. Not sure if he was that hungry, protective or stupid lol.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »
Good action. Quinte largies will be moving deeper soon, very shad orientated. And to avoid that giant vacuum cleaner of a school like  of 300 gar that will be cruising the shorelines soon. See you at OKFS Quinte July 21st. Great place to share and learn from very knowledgeable kayak anglers.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Unchained

• Greenhorn
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:15:32 AM »
Good action. Quinte largies will be moving deeper soon, very shad orientated. And to avoid that giant vacuum cleaner of a school like  of 300 gar that will be cruising the shorelines soon. See you at OKFS Quinte July 21st. Great place to share and learn from very knowledgeable kayak anglers.
sounds good.  I've never caught a gar (or even seen one yet).   Been fishing here for a couple years.

Still looking for smallie action in the region.  Any interest in heading out to Lake O for that?

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
This post solidifies that I really need to knock largemouth bass off of my bucket list for fish to catch.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »
Ian sign up this year for the quinte event and can join me and Brent /Peter/Scott/Brian and some others for some fun laid back fishing. See if i can help you get a gar while there. 👏😉☺️🎣. Lots of species to switch things up. And John yes the largie are a great fish to catch

Offline Unchained

• Greenhorn
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
Ian sign up this year for the quinte event and can join me and Brent /Peter/Scott/Brian and some others for some fun laid back fishing. See if i can help you get a gar while there. 👏😉☺️🎣. Lots of species to switch things up. And John yes the largie are a great fish to catch
will try to, but I think I'm on vacation that week.

tried to sign up on kayakwars to log my catches but it's saying I need a team...I tried to create a team but it didn't work.  Do I have to pay extra to create a new team? 

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 05:55:18 AM »
Send them an email and let them know and you should be able to tally them up provided they meet the length requirements. I personally have   caught plenty of fish lately but am not posting them. Way too much work for zero rewards for doing so. Only records that can be broken. Hopefully next year they can get the site back on track

Tags: